|Importance||Stores the real Lambeth Diamonds|
In order to get into Sasha's cabin to access the Safe, Frank Carlson must cut off the power to the stateroom by using the fuse box at the end of the alcove on A-Deck to turn off the lights to the cabin. Sasha will leave to find a steward and once he's gone, Carlson can enter.
The Safe resembles a Russian Matryoshka doll with a clock-like face on the front of it. There are four movable number rings inside an immovable outer number ring. The key is to rotate the movable rings until all of the numbers on the inner rings add up to the numbers on the outer ring.
Rotate the rings by clicking and moving the cursor as needed. To get the proper alignment, rotate the rings until the following configuration is reached, all reading from the outside ring in:
- Below the number 15, at 12 o’clock: 5, 3, 2, 5
- Beside the number 19, at 3 o’clock: 4, 7, 3, 5
- Above the number 12, at 6 o’clock: 3, 0, 1, 8
- Beside the number 4, at 9 o’clock: 0, 1, 1, 2
Once all of the rings have been moved into their appropriate position, Carlson can take the real necklace. At this point, the player must replace the real necklace with the fake one Georgia gave Carlson earlier in the game and reseal the Safe.
Attempting to leave Sasha's cabin through the door without replacing the necklace will result in Sasha discovering that Carlson has stolen it. He will then shoot Carlson dead, resulting in a Game Over.
- Barbicon's safe resembles a Russian Matryoshka doll, which were invented in 1890 and showcased at a world's fair in 1900. They were based on a doll from Honshu, Japan and, at the time of the Titanic's sinking, had only been in production for 22 years.
- The player can keep both necklaces if, after obtaining the real one, they use fast travel (i.e. clicking on any red areas on the map) to avoid the door to Sasha's cabin. Both necklaces will stay in Carlson's inventory and both can be checked in with the Purser. The game will continue as if you switched the real necklace for the fake. The fake Diamonds will completely disappear from inventory after the ship strikes the iceberg, and will end up in Vlad's possession as if it had been switched.
|Objects on the RMS Titanic|
|Main Objects||Lambeth Diamonds | Notebook | Painting | Rubaiyat|
|Others||Antidote | Barbicon's Safe | Binoculars | Boat Pass | Car Keys | Cargo Manifest | Carlson's Trunk | Conkling's Letter | Cryptograph | Cufflink | Electric Camel | Gas Pen | Gramophone | Map | Package | Photographs | Prayer Card | Punching Bag | Satchel | Ring | Shawl | Secret Report | Steamer Trunk Key | Telegrams | Water Gauge | Zeitel's Bomb|